Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pat Martino "El Hombre" 1967 (w/ Trudy Pitts on Hammond B3)

Pat Martino "El Hombre", 1967

To accompany the earlier post on Trudy Pitts, here is Pat Martino's excellent 1967 release, "El Hombre".  The personnel includes Trudy Pitts on organ, flutist Danny Turner, drummer Mitch Fine, and both Abdu Johnson and Vance Anderson on percussion.

I'm in the middle of try to get a listenable copy of "Bucketful of Soul", by Trudy Pitts up on this site.....meanwhile, listen to her kick some serious ass on this.....Oh, did I say SOME SERIOUS ASS?? um, yeah......no joke. 'Nuff said.   R.I.P. Ms. Trudy Pitts. 

Waltz for Geri
Once I loved
El Hombre
Cisco
One for Rose
A blues for Mickey-O
Just friends


3 comments:

  1. Thanks it's a gem indeed ~ ☮ldhippierick

    "Jazz and Blues All Day"
    http://oldhippierick.wordpress.com/

    ☛ ♥ & ☮

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I had to post this one, after having originally posted some Trudy Pitts back in November.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added a link to your excellent blog :) Very nice, very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete