Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A little Johnny Mercer list........not his best known songs, well, maybe a few :)



Just a little list today of some of my favourite Johnny Mercer songs, sung by him......and with others. Not a greatest hits or retrospective....just a few tunes, mostly from his Capitol Records years....a few from broadcasts, etc.....(and yes, a few of these are repeated on lists of Ella Mae Morse, and The Pied Pipers)

The strip polka (V-disk to Armed Forces Radio)
I lost my sugar in Salt Lake City
G.I. jive
Blues in the night (w/ Jo Stafford)
Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive
Candy
Baby it's cold outside (w/ Margaret Whiting)
I'm gonna see my baby
Surprise party
Personality
My sugar is so refined
One for my baby (and one more for the road)
A gal in calico
Winter wonderland
Moon faced, starry eyed
Sugar blues
Save the Bones for Henry Jones (alt take) (w/ Nat King Cole Trio)
Glow worm
Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean (w/ Bing Crosby)
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah (w/ The Pied Pipers)
Evening mail (b'cast)
Everybody's got a laughing place(b'cast)
G.I. jive (b'cast)
How do you do? (w/ The Pied Pipers)
On the Atchison Topeka and the Santa Fe (w/ The Pied Pipers)
Blues in the night (b'cast) (w/ The Pied Pipers and Ella Mae Morse)
A fine romance (w/ Martha Tilton)
Freedom train (w/ The Paul Weston Orch., Benny Goodman, Margaret Whiting, Peggy Lee, The Pied Pipers)
Lazy Bones (w/ Paul Whiteman)
Lullaby of Broadway (w/ The Pied Pipers and Jo Stafford) (b'cast)


http://www.4shared.com/file/wMAL9-1O/johnny_mercer.html



No comments:

Post a Comment