Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wild Swingbilly Wednesday........(told you'd I'd get to some of this eventually, Mr. Anchovy)

Some swingin' western and country for a Wednesday afternoon.........


Billy Jack Wills-Cadillac in Model "A"
Fort Worth Doughboys-Nancy Jane
Adolph Hofner-Better quit it now
Light Crust Doughboys-Pussy, pussy, pussy
Cliff Bruner-Corrine, Corrina
Little Jim Dickens-Blackeyed Joe's
Al Dexter-Pistol Packin' Mama
Ramblin' Jimmy Dolen-Look a here
Tommy Sosbee -All night boogie
Modern Mountaineers-Dirty dog blues
Hawkshaw Hawkins
-Pan American
Noel Boggs and his Day Sleepers
-Steelin' home
Gene O'Quin-It's no use talkin' baby we're through
Ted Daffan's Texans-Blue steel blues
Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys-Oozlin' Daddy blues
Leon Selph and his Blue Ridge Playboys-Ain't you kinda sorry now?
Tex Williams and his Western Caravan-Steel guitar rag
The SwingBillies
-St. Louis blues
The Texas Wanderers-Sundown blues

http://www.mediafire.com/?a0adonhts9v963l

7 comments:

  1. OMG here I am about to start work and what do I see? I see The Light Crust Doughboys performing Pussy Pussy Pussy and I have to work all day. You're hurtin me. I have to save this for the weekend. Busy week, and Friday I have a story-telling/button accordion gig at a horticultural society banquet. (I'm not making this up) Thanks. I can't wait to get into this list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really should be a punch line attached to the story-telling/button accordion gig at the horticultural society banquet...(in and of itself fodder for a good story)....jest sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ended the program by inviting volunteers to come up and play gut-bucket bass, scrub-board, triangle, spoons, shakers, frog and guiro, inducting each volunteer into the Roselands Horticultural Society Band. We played a few songs together and had a the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent music on this list by the way. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks B, for this delightful music. Gonna hafta get up and dance.

    Iggy

    ReplyDelete