Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Just a little list of some favourites from Hoagy Carmichael...

By no means comprehensive or detailed....Just a few favourites from one of my favourites....Hoagy Carmichael.

Just a sampling of some tunes that I have from Hoagy.......some are the familiar, some not so much...some from film soundtracks........just a few of my favourites. Perhaps at a later date I'll return to him and do one of my huge retrospective-type lists...........enjoy.

Old piano roll blues w/ Betty Hutton
Barnicle Bill the sailor
Boneyard Shuffle (1925) recording with Hitch's Happy Harmonists
Stardust  (version 1)
Huggin' and a-chalkin'
Am I blue w/ Lauren Bacall (again........it was just on the 'Am I blue" list.......)
Ballad in blue
Drip drop
Memphis in June
Old buttermilk sky

The Darktown Strutters ball
Cassanova cricket
Who Killed 'er
Sleepy time gal
Blanche
Georgia on my mind
Hong Kong blues
Stardust (version 1)
Bessie couldn't help it
Walkin' the dog 1928 (w/ The Hoagy Carmichael Collegians)
Bessie couldn't help it (take 2)
Hong Kong blues (from "To Have and Have Not")
Stardust (version 2)
Washboard blues
March of the hoodlums
Rockin' chair
Georgia on my mind (version 2)
Lazy river
Sing it way down low
Snowball
Lazybones
One morning in May
Stardust (version 3)
Cosmics Washboard blues (version 2)
JudyMoon country (is home to me)
Stardust (version 4)
Two sleepy people (w/ Ella Logan)


http://www.mediafire.com/?cm444e4dppaa4d4

2 comments: