Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Self indulgent parental bragging moment...........

I was out running this morning.  I usually take my iPod (some of the best ideas for tune lists come from random iPod shuffle results during morning runs, btw...). Anyhow, mine needed charging, so I grabbed Sarah's. I always love to hear what she has on playlists, it helps restore my faith (or lack of) in the listening habits of the American teen. So it seems she's heavy into Bruno Mars these days, which is cool, 'cuz I have and enjoy "Doo Wops and Hooligans" (excellent CD). But mostly, I'm continuously surprised that she really has been listening to a lot of excellent older music....stuff that I post. She always jokes about what I do on here to her friends, "Mom has this obsession with things recorded during the Depression..........", but apparently my propaganda is working.. >:)  I found  Rosemary Clooney, Dinah Washington, Peggy Lee, Doris Day, Dionne Warwick, Joni Mitchell, Ella Fitzgerald June Christy, Anita O'Day..........I could go on and on, but you get the idea. Oh, and NO Justin Bieber.........'nuff sed. She DOES watch Glee, but she's been asking for one of those T-shirts that Christina Aguilara was wearing online that says, "Auto Tune is for pussies", so in spite of the language on it......she gets brownie points for not buying into the hype of the modern pop singer (pretty face with a digitally-enhanced voice). Just had to share that.

1 comment: