Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

A most enjoyable read.................

http://www.rosemaryclooney.com/4girls4/page1.htm

I was thinking back to the only time I saw Margaret Whiting sing live, while I was putting together the list tonight.  I saw the 4 Girls 4 tour, with Margaret, Rosemary Clooney, Rose Marie, and Helen O'Connell, back when I was in high school.  It wasn't the beginning of my love for all the "girl singers", that probably started back when I was "hating" having to listen to my Father play his 78s as a kid. Anyway, I really started to get into listening to more vocalists around that time....which ultimately ended up with me digging around through the dust and finding the stuff that I post on here every day. Woohoo ;)

After thinking about seeing that show....I bounced over to the Rosemary Clooney site, and found this great (LONG) article about the story of that tour over the many years and personnel changes that it went through...............it's an excellent read, and I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment