Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

On the glories of Ms. Talluhlah..........

I suppose I could do quite nicely with a post of just the QUOTES of La Bankhead......it would be entertaining without even adding pictures.....but, anyhooooo..........pictures:
No, not posting any later pics of the "cartoon" Tallu from later years, just Mayfair and Hollywood era....

I can't, however, resist a few of those infamous quotes! ;)


"My father warned me about men and booze, but he never mentioned a word about women and cocaine." 

"I've tried several varieties of sex. The conventional position makes me claustrophobic and the others give me a stiff neck or lockjaw." 

"I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late start without me."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time."

" I think the Republican party should be placed in drydock and have the barnacles scraped off its bottom."

"I read Shakespeare and the Bible, and I can shoot dice. That's what I call a liberal education."

"They used to photograph Shirley Temple through gauze. They should photograph me through linoleum."

"The only thing I regret about my past is the length of it. If I had to live my life again I'd make all the same mistakes - only sooner."

"The less I behave like Whistler's mother the night before, the more I look like her the morning after. "

"(On seeing a former lover for the first time in years) I thought I told you to wait in the car."



No comments:

Post a Comment