Search This Blog

Thursday, October 20, 2011

A request from me: Can anyone help me on finding this LP?? digital file, whatever.....


ONE NIGHT STAND WITH BARNEY RAPP - Joyce LP-1058

Cincinnati, Ohio June 17, 1939

Vocals by Doris Day and Lee Johnson
Plus a fifteen minutes broadcast by Les Brown, Hotel Edison, N.Y. November 22, 1938

SIDE ONE:

1. LADY BE GOOD
2. Medley: THAT SLY OLD GENTLEMAN/NIGHT MUST FALL (Vocal by Lee Johnson)
3. BEER BARREL POLKA
4. IF I DIDN'T CARE  (Vocal by Lee Johnson)
5. LITTLE SIR ECHO  (Vocal by Doris Day)
6. STRANGE ENCHANTMENT  (Vocal by Lee Johnson)
7. I'M HAPPY ABOUT THE WHOLE THING  (Vocal by Doris Day)
8. Medley: YOU GROW SWEETER/WISHING  (Vocal by Lee Johnson)

SIDE TWO: Broadcast continues

1. BUGLE CALL RAG
2. DON'T WORRY 'BOUT ME  (Vocal by Lee Johnson) LES BROWN, HOTEL EDISON, N.Y. 11 722/38
3. THEME AND INTRODUCTION
4. SPAIN
5. SOBBIN' BLUES
6. MY OWN  (Vocal by Miriam Shaw)
7. LOVE NEST

Personnel for Barney Rapp unknown

Les Brown personnel:

Jimmy Blake, Steve Lipkins, Les Kritz(tp) Bob Fishel(tb) Les Brown, Herb Muse(as) Wolfe Taninbaum, Stewart McKay(ts) John Pepper (bar) Billy Rowland(p) Allan Ruess(g) 

Bassie Deters(b) Howard Smith(d)
 
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!! -Laura

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, I'd love that too! I'm a huge Day fan !
    Ravel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of the songs from this set....getting ready to put it on an "Early Doris" list-1939-1944.....I just wish that I had the rest of it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. And she sang with Bob Crosby too.
    There are a few rarities on YouTube too (My Lost Horizon).
    I should send you a few autographed pics I have from her...
    Did you know she put out a new album recently , My Heart ?
    Ravel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe she was with Bob for about 3 months, just before Les Brown. I don't think she recorded anything with Bob, though. I do have a rip of "Lost Horizon", that I will probably include on the list, but wish I could find one of the other "Soundies", for "Is it love or just conscription?"

    ReplyDelete