Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

A little request for some stuff by Lee Konitz and Lennie Tristano from Pahprint....hope you like this one!

Lennie Tristano Quintet - 1952 Live in Toronto 

Recorded live at UJPO Hall, Toronto, Canada on July 17, 1952

Lennie Tristano - Piano
Lee Konitz - Sax (Alto)
Warne Marsh - Sax (Tenor)
Peter Ind - Bass
Al Levitt - Drums

 Lennie's Pennies 
 317 East 32nd Street
 You Go to My Head 
 April 
 Sound-Lee 
 Back Home


Lennie Tristano
Lee Konitz
Warne Marsh
Peter Ind (w/ Tristano)
Al Levitt (w/ Konitz and Marsh)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I'm not familiar with these two musicians, but I am from Toronto, so I'll check it out

    - JiE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I will. I haven't commented on any other posts, but I have downloaded MANY GBs of Jazz from your wonderful site. I've learned about numberless new Jazz artists thanks to your blog. It is an absolute treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent!! That's exactly why I post it.....no other reason, really. I just like putting stuff up that isn't many places....then everyone can just sample away....just try stuff on and find out if they're into it. I'm not even genre specific.....if an artist hits me a certain way, I want to see if they hit everyone else that way, too. I like to think an open window into the past tells us a lot about life now, or what it should be...whatever....blahblahblah...it's EARLY....I need coffee and to get my kid to her bus stop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting so much amazing material! My GF introduced me to Jazz recently with all the greats — Ella, Dinah, Billie, Nina Simone, etc — but I had never ever heard of artists like Lee Wiley, Jabbo Smith, and other lesser-known talents; and I'm really enjoying listening to them now. And now I can turn the tables on my GF and educate her, lol.

    I think you're absolutely right about the past telling us plenty about today; and with the dearth of quality music today, going to the past helps us appreciate what really music was and still is.

    Thanks again,

    JiE

    P.S. In my day, which wasn't long ago, I had to walk to school.

    ReplyDelete