Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A little partiers list..............some golden age "Reefer Madness" fer y'all.......

Puff Puff...........Pass :)


Mezz Mezzrow & his Orch-Sendin' the vipers
Tampa Red and the Chicago Five-I'm gonna get high
Gene Krupa Band w/ Roy Eldridge/Anita O'Day-Let me off Uptown
Buck Washington-Save the roach for me
Nat King Cole Trio-Hit that jive Jack
Sam Price-All teeed up
Sam Price & His Texas Bluesicians-Do you dig my jive
Buster Bailey's Rhythm  Busters-Light up
Cootie Williams & His Rug Cutters-ol' man river
Jazz Gillum &  His Jazz Boys-Reefer head woman
Chick Webb Orch. w/ Ella Fitzgerald-When I get low I get high
Richard Jones & His Jazz Wizards-Blue reefer blues
Harlan Lattimore & His Connie's Inn Orchestra-Reefer man
Stuff Smith and his Onyx Club Boys-Here comes the man with the jive
Mezz Mezzrow & his Orch-I'se a muggin Pt. 1
Cab Calloway-The man from Harlem
The Harlem Hamfats-The weed smoker's dream (why don't you do right)
Frankie 'Half Pint' Jaxon-Jive man blues
Bob Howard and his Boys-If you're a viper
Big Bill Broonzy and Jean Brady-Knockin' myself out
Benny Goodman-Texas Tea Party
Jo Jo Adams-When I'm in my tea
Richard Jones & His Jazz Wizards-Muggin' the blues
Georgia White-The stuff is here
Lil Johnson-Mellow stuff
ChickWebb Orch w/ Ella FItzgerald-Wackey dust
Trixie Smith-Jack I'm mellow
Louis Armstrong-Muggles
Tommy Dorsey-minor goes a muggin'
Harry "The Hipster" Gibson-Who Put The Benzedrine In Mrs. Murphy's Ovaltine?
Barney-Bigard Sextet-Sweet marijuana brown
Cab Calloway-Reefer man
Clarence Williams And His Washboard Band-Jerry the junker
Andy Kirk and his 12 Clouds of Joy w/ Mary Lou Williams-All the jive is gone
Oscars Chicago Swingers-Try some of that
Fats Waller-Reefer song
Julia Lee and her Boyfriends-Lotus blossom (Sweet marijuana)
Slim and Slam-Dopey Joe
Cleo Brown-The stuff is here
Ernest Rodgers-Willie the chimney sweeper
Cedar Creek Sheik-Don't credit my stuff
Jesse Rodgers-Hadacol boogie
Willie Bryant and Orch.-A viper's moan
Bea Foote-Weed
Lil Green-Knockin' myself out
Larry Adler-Smokin' reefers
Lorrain Walton-If you're a viper
Frankie 'Half Pint' Jaxon-Willie the weeper
Don Redman and his Orch.-Chant of the weed vers. 1
Don Redman and his Orch. Chant of the weed vers. 2
Jelly Roll Morton-Smokehouse blues
McKinney's Cotton Pickers- Sellin' that stuff
Red Norvo Orch. w/ Mildred Bailey-Smoke dreams
Sidney Bechet w/ Noble Sissle's Swingsters-Viper mad
The Cats and the Fiddle-Killin' jive


1 comment:

  1. Hideho, you fanatic (I mean that in a positive way)!
    Have enjoyed following this project for a while and I would really love to hear the old pothead-tunes ... here in Germany it's even impossible to just go through your list and listen to the songs on YT, cause it's all blocked -.-
    Would you kindly re-upload them?
    Greetings from Germany ;)

    ReplyDelete